Tuesday 23 October 2007

Once

Darwin was right. I'm going to start listening to her more often.

Having read her review of 'Once', I thought i'd give it a go and see how it is, especially since she said that it's a must do for music lovers. I just finished watching it and I can't stop humming the beautiful melodies that spilled out during the last one and a half hours. I can't believe they aren't professional actors, but they most certainly have to be professional musicians. If they weren't, they certainly will be now!

The movie is a little slow running, especially if you don't particularly fancy watching what is in fact a bunch of jam sessions. But it was the slow running-ness of the movie that let you fall deep into the threshold of what's happening. The music has a feel of typical British/Irish folk coupled with blues coupled with light rock. Much much like Damian Rice.

Thanks Darwin. Great movie. Even better music. Now to find the soundtrack.

1 musings:

Darwin said...

Yaaay I'm glad you liked it:). I especially like how uncheesy it was in that there was such an amazing connection between the two yet they never even kissed. I wasn't surprised when I found out that the pair have started dating in real life after making the movie.

I loved the movie so much I actually bought the soundtrack off iTunes. Drop me an email and I'll mail you back with the album if you want!