Saturday 6 October 2007

Master of None

(Spotted in York, UK, about a year ago)

My name is confab, and I want to have lots of love affairs.
There I said it.
Sometimes I wonder, why I find myself wanting to do a million different things. The latest list includes owning an Austin Mini, acquiring a mother of a camera and wanting to travel the world. Oh and getting a new guitar. Live abroad again. Record an album. Learn drums. Ok i'll stop.
So anyway, yes, I'm quite happy being a jack of all trades and a master of none, as long as I can dabble in this and that. I love learning new things, and finding new passions. For that matter, I admire RD, who, being close upon 75, is still keen on improving on his passions, i.e. the drums, and learning new things, i.e. how not to put saffron in dhal.
I don't want to get to the age where I have to wear that t-shirt, only to wonder what I did with my life. And that's what drives me.

4 musings:

Rhythmic Diaspora said...

"close to 75"

You youngsters just don't have any respect!

But thanks anyway Confab

Iromi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iromi said...

Nice! :) Maybe we'll bump into each other in the south of france or some tavern in greece with our mother of a camera(s) slung over our shoulders one day ! And maybe, just maybe, we might sit down and have a chat with some equivalent to old monk.

Bea said...

One reason for my going to SL was watching my friends all get old, married and have babies, it terrified me...Now I'm getting married I suppose that does make me old. That taverna in Greece sounds fab though, and there are plenty of monks there to chat with.