Friday 27 June 2008

What I would do for some crack!

The book I'm currently reading is disgusting, interesting, sickening, beautifully written, heart wrenching and captivating, all at the same time, not forgetting controversial. A Million Little Pieces by James Frey may be a memoir that is not genuine as the author would like it to be, but it does drill in to you the dangers of excessive use of drugs and alcohol. I'm glad that it's not genuine in a way because I wouldn't want to believe people actually go through the hell that recovering addicts in the book go through, although I'm sure in reality there are those who have.
My question is this. In the book a counsellor named Sophie insists that addiction is a disease. According to her, addiction is an incurable disease and one that can be hereditary. What do you think?

Do you know any addicts?

0 musings: