Saturday 2 August 2008

Singfest - Day 1

This was never really part of the plan. But with a free ticket for the first day and Travis on the bill, who the hell would say no?

Spent a very chilled day (and night!) lazing on the grass with a great view of the stage watching some great live music. To be honest, I was only familiar with Travis' music and a few songs by Simple Plan. But other big names included Lost Prophets and New Found Glory. So since Travis was to play last, I thought might as well check the other guns too!


My biggest find of the day was Melee. They seemed an easy going bunch who play music that is very easy on the ears and pleasant. Before today, I had thought Melee was more of a Busted-type of rock band - i.e. cheesy rubbish. But I was wrong and, they reminded me a lot of The Fray. I'm definitely getting their album, and I think you should check em out too.

Highlights?


The Bassist of Dearest climbing up the stage scaffolding and playing from about 30 feet up,
New Found Glory playing a cover of Aerosmith's Dont wanna miss a thing,



Simple Plan playing a cover of the hip hop song "get low", Melee,


Travis' set which was brilliant,


and the chilled out atmosphere of the entire event.

Tomorrow, Jason Mraz, Alicia Keys, Panic!at the Disco, One Republic, Jamie Scott, Pussycat Dolls.

0 musings: